the image is from here
Saya tergila-gila dengan Kakigori atau Shaved Ice ... dan berpikir untuk membuatnya sendiri, mungkin cocok untuk berbuka puasa ... (^.^)
How to Make Home-Made Shaved Ice
Things You'll Need:
- cardboard milk carton
- cheese grater
- Step 1Reuse a half-gallon cardboard milk container. Rinse out all of the milk reside with soap and water. Fill the milk container full with clean water and replace the cap. Place the milk container into the freezer and let it sit to freeze for two days.
- Step 2Remove the milk container from the freezer. By this time, after letting the water freeze for a couple days, the milk container should be starting to rip and break off from the ice. Once the water has successfully been frozen place the milk container onto a cutting board. Rip off the cardboard milk container from the now block of ice. Remove all of the cardboard while doing your best to have as little contact with the actual ice as possible. Your body heat will melt the ice.
- Step 3Shave the block of ice. Use a cheese grater that captures content internally. Place the grating side of the cheese grater directly on the ice and firmly use a scrubbing action to move the grater back and forth. If you grate from the corners of the block, the ice will shave much faster. When ever the cheese grater fills up with shaved ice, empty the contents into a glass bowl. Continue grating the ice block in the same fashion.
- Step 4Store the shaved ice in the freezer. While shaving the block of ice, it may be a good idea to keep the bowl you will be storing the ice shavings in, in the freezer. You want to freeze the shaved ice before it starts to melt to ensure that all of the pieces will remain separated.
- Step 5Serve your homemade shaved ice in a variety of ways. You can make homemade snow cones serving juice over shaved ice. In addition, you can use your homemade shaved ice in beverages, including all of your favorite alcoholic drinks.